Bryton and I were able to spend 10 days with Grandpa and Grandma Smith and Aunt Kenzi in Newport Beach this year. Grandma Bluth and Aunt Toniann came the day after we got there. Then Aunt Ashli and Lexi came with the babies on Tuesday. The rest of the Bluth family, including daddy, joined Thursday night and we all stayed until Sunday morning. It was awesome weather and soooo much fun! Here are some pictures of all the fun stuff we were able to do.
The First Day
This is the first thing Bryton saw when we got to the condos. There were tons of little baby rabbits. Bryton and Kenzi tried to get as close as possible but they were pretty fast.
That night they had an activity of making s'mores by the fire. This is Bryton not quite sure what to do since it was so messy. I don't think he had ever had one before that.
To Our Friends
Then on Sunday we went to church with some of my family's friends, the Tomlinson's, that now live in Dana Point and to their house after for lunch. It was so nice to be able to sit outside and eat without dying from the heat. They had a little dog named Elle that Bryton fell in love with. She was just his size. It was too cute.
Grandma Smith took this picture. I thought it was so cute. I am really surprised she didn't reach up and bite him because he had grabbed her from under the sofa outside.
Here he is walking her in the park behind their house. It was pretty funny because she went one way around this tree and he went the other. It took him a second to realize what had just happened. I think he liked walking her because she could only pull him so much being that she is so small.
On to Disneyland!
On Monday we woke up and got to Disneyland/California Adventure when they opened. It was great timing because they were just opening the rides at California Adventure and there were no lines. Of course the only rides I could go on were the ones Bryton could. Which worked out fine because Bryton got undivided attention and endless rides. Kenzi wanted to stay until the park closed so little to say it was an EXTREMELY long day. It was fun though since we don't do that everyday.
A Bug's Life
Toy Story
Not sure the real name but the race car's are what they were. Bryton wanted to drive and had a blast. It was a little jerky at first until he realized he was not supposed to hit the track with the tires.
The Shooting range in Frontier Land. This one was Grandpa's idea and Bryton thought it was awesome to be able to shoot a gun. He sat up on the counter and just held the gun until we were all finished.
Go Grandma!
Of course the one picture with characters Bryton actually wanted to take was with Lightning and Mater.
Kenzi and Grandma getting ready to take off on Paradise Pier (aka the drop zone)
Balboa Island
On Tuesday we went to Balboa Island for lunch and a little shopping with Grandma Bluth, Aunt Toniann and cousin Kirsten. This is the horse outside the toy store that we just had to go in since Bryton was a good boy while shopping.
The Beach
On Wednesday Grandpa and Grandma Smith and Aunt Kenzi took Bryton down to Newport Beach. He had a blast and brought half the beach back with him in his shorts!
Grandpa helped Bryton surf on the boogy board
This is why he came back with sooo much sand all over him! As long as he had fun, right?!
Knott's Berry Farm
On Friday once the whole Bluth family was there, we went to Knott's Berry Farm. Once again I just stuck with Bryton and this time the babies for part of the time. Everyone else kind of took turns coming to see what we were doing. It was pretty warm that day and the workers are definitely not as efficient as the ones at Disneyland. So, we had some long waits for little rides. Overall it was fun because Bryton had fun and we were all together.
This is the mining train ride where they had to push and pull the bar to go. Unfortunately the slowest kids always seemed to be in the front and they would end up being pushed by the other little kids. It is a good thing they are not too competitive at this age.
This is Bryton and Uncle Lynden on the little Farris wheel. I think that after the long wait at the top Lynden was regretting being talked into going with Bryton. ( I had a better pic of them but I can't get it off my memory card)
Daddy and Uncle Colton on the Accelerator. I think this was a favorite for them!
Relaxing and Having Fun Poolside!
It was a busy fun week but the best part in my opinion was just relaxing by the pool and swimming with Bryton. He has now become quite the little fish. We are still working on the swimming but he definitely has more confidence. He would have stayed in the pool all day if we would have let him.
Grandpa was a sport and swam quite a bit with Bryton. Bryton wanted to swim with goggles so I got the only kids ones they had at the condos but as you can tell they were still a little big. He liked them for a very short period of time.
Bryton relaxing on the lounge chair waiting for his lunch
4TH OF JULY
The last night we were there was the 4th. We showed up early to Laguna Beach so we could find a parking spot. We shopped for a little bit and then found this little restaurant with a balcony out back that had a perfect view of the fire works. We brought a Car's puzzle for Bryton and took our sweet time eating since we had 2 hours to kill til the fireworks if we wanted to keep our spot at the restaurant. Otherwise we would have had to find a spot below on the extremely crowded beach. We were not the only ones who did this. Anyway, the food at the restaurant was AWESOME! Good thing.
They did not have a table for six so Kenzi and Grandma sat at the table next to us. It was a little chilly in our shorts so they got hot chocolate with their dessert.
Thanks Mom and Dad for the awesome week! We are looking forward to next time!!
3 comments:
What a fun vacation! I wish I could have spent more time poolside while I was in Cali cuz that seems to be my favorite thing to do too! I absolutely LOVE that pic of Bryton with the dog...it looks like it was professionally done or something :)
Oh my goodness. This looks like tons of fun! I miss you! I am sorry I don't come to visit more!!! I will try to be better!
Hey Brielle! Its great to see your blog. You look great! Hey I noticed you stayed at the Newport coast Villa condos. Do you have a time share there? We have one there for the week of 4th of July but we didn't go this year becasue it was too close to my due date. That would be awesome if we had it the same week. glad you are doing well. Can't wait to see your little girl.
Post a Comment